Search This Blog

Tuesday 20 March 2012

POETRY: MY PREDICAMENT



 I was here,
And I hold in my heart all my friends close and dear.
If I was gone tomorrow, would people even care? 
Would they even notice that I was not there? 
I know some people would not be upset about me
Those people, at my funeral I would not see.
If no one was there, I would be sad, 
But in a way, I would be glad.
I don't want anyone to be sad that I am not here, 
I don't want them to be sad or even shed a tear.
I want to see them with a smile on their face, 
And not to see sadness in this case, 
I just want them to be happy that they knew me, 
And for them to know that I am finally set free.
I will still be around anyhow, 
Even though they cannot see me now.
I'll still be here to help heal hearts, 
Maybe now I can stop the pain before it starts.
So do not be sad that I have gone away, 
Because in your heart, I will stay.
As long as you continue to believe, 
There is no real reason to grieve.
I'll still be around somewhere near, 
And you can call on me, and I'll be here.

(C)
SANGBID KUNDU
2010

No comments: